Innovate or Perish!
8 Strategies to Accelerate Innovation
Following the ongoing success of their international bestseller NUTS! Southwest Airlines’ Crazy Recipe for Business and Personal Success, GUTS! and BOOM!, Jackie and Kevin, once again, take you behind the scenes of another one of the most admired companies in the world.
In Nanovation, the Freibergs show you how, in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds, the people of Tata Motors accomplished what most said was impossible and created the Nano, a $2500 car—one of the greatest innovations in the auto industry since the Model-T.
The Freibergs will unpack the story of Nanovation and share 8 strategies designed to help leaders create a culture of innovation and a team of Nanovators.
A leaders “how to” on innovation and execution.
1. Get Wired for Innovation!
Everyone has the potential to innovate. However, Nanovators are wired different. Who are they? How do they think? What makes them tick? What do they bring to the game that makes nanovation possible? The Freibergs will show you how to hire, inspire and equip people to think big, act bold, and Nanovate.
2. Question the unquestionable.
Question it! Step out of the prevailing paradigm. Think like an outsider. Challenge your taken-for-granted assumptions—about the way the world works, about your customer’s expectations, and what your employees are truly capable of doing.
3. Look for the intersection of trends to find opportunities.
You can’t win with yesterday’s ideas, so what are the big, converging trends that are headed your way? You’ll find white space where rising trends intersect. In that white space is a huge opportunity for innovation.
4. Jettison the incumbent mentality.
Incumbents are vulnerable to the often-fatal trap of thinking the future will be more of the same only better—more choices, better features, and better design—all incremental improvements on yesterday’s headline. Nanovators don’t think “best practice” they are think “next practice.” Nanovators see the future as a whole new game and leap-frog “best” with entirely new rules.
5. Look beyond customer imagination for next big thing.
Customers are smart and never to be underestimated. But customers don’t always know what they want and if they do know, they can’t always tell you. Nanovators start a lot of conversations with “What if?” and respond to a lot of push back with “Why not?” and “Why not now?”
6. Let limitations drive creativity vs. complacency.
Nanovators see limitations as invitations to innovation and opportunities to differentiate vs. constraints and excuses for why it can’t be done! Limited resources forced the design team to be extremely creative in every aspect of the Nano’s design.
7. Look for breakthroughs beyond your industry.
Some of the best ideas for game-changing innovation will come from outside your industry. The question is: Do you have the guts to look beyond what’s comfortable and familiar? Do you have the wisdom to avoid the “not invented here” syndrome?
8. Dare to Try! Risk more to gain more.
The fact is, you can’t innovate without experimenting and you can’t experiment without making some mistakes. Companies like Tata Motors and Southwest Airlines have created cultures where it is safe for people to try new things and test new ideas.
Nanovation will teach you how to innovate.
It doesn’t matter what industry you are in, someone, somewhere right now is building a product, process or business model designed to kick your butt.
If it’s you, then you define the rules by which others must play the game. If it’s NOT you, then you had better get comfortable playing by someone else’s rules.
Someone is going to start a revolution that will change your world. How? By producing change that matters—change that disrupts the competition and amazes your customers.
Why can’t it be you?
In a 90 minute keynote the Freibergs will take you on a “deep dive” into the kind of leadership that unleashes innovation and ingenuity.
Today, business leaders everywhere around the world are asking:
• How can we create a culture where impassioned people show up to work everyday firing on all cylinders—a culture where people are hungry for change and inspired to find innovative solutions to today’s significant problems?
• How do we make INNOVATION a core capability and an essential part of everyone’s job—a permanent, perpetual way of doing business in our organization?
• How can we exploit our core competencies in new ways? What new competencies do we need to acquire? What market segments have been ignored by our competitors? Do these markets represent an opportunity for us?
• How do we radically differentiate ourselves from our competitors?
• How do we become good corporate citizens and make a profit while making a difference?
The Freibergs will address these questions and many more. They will inspire you to give history a shove by showing you how to pursue your own ideas for game-changing innovation.
90 Minute DUO Keynote (Presentation by Jackie and Kevin)
90 Minute INDIVIDUAL Keynote (Presentation by Kevin or Jackie)
Each keynote includes 50 complimentary hardcover copies of Nanovation, and a book signing by the author/s on location.
Please call 619.624.9691 or email E: firstname.lastname@example.org to book Kevin & Jackie and receive a pdf version of 8 Strategies to Accelerate Innovation.